Unlocking PossAbilities: An Expansion Campaign for United Rehabilitation Services
United Rehabilitation Services (URS) is committed to expanding the safety net of support for the most vulnerable individuals in our community with innovative programs for children, adults and seniors with a variety of developmental and acquired disabilities including Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Down Syndrome, Muscular Dystrophy, Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
URS recently completed the Unlocking PossAbilities Capital Campaign to add much-needed capacity and accomplish the following goals:
- Increased capacity for adults and seniors with developmental and acquired disabilities by 100 individuals.
- Added a dedicated Senior Program.
- Added a Laundry Center to expand the center’s Vocational Training Program.
- Expanded childcare services with 5-Star Rated Early Childhood Education and School-Age Programs by 60 children, tripling the number of infants from 5 to 16, and doubling the number of toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children.
- Expanded the Nursing Clinic to more effectively meet the growing needs of the 80+ medically-fragile youth and adult clients we serve daily.
- Added a new gymnasium and multi-purpose room for indoor recreation programs like wheelchair basketball, health/fitness classes and educational opportunities.
- Created a new dedicated Art and Activities Room.
- Added a new Meditation Room.
- Expanded the center’s kitchen and client restrooms
Special thanks to the following donors for contributing to our $6 million dollar campaign:
Charles D. Berry
Harold & Mary Rieck
The Berry Family Foundation
The Fred and Alice Wallace Memorial Foundation
United Rehabilitation Services Foundation
John and Shirley Berry
Kettering Family Philanthropies
Marty and Dottie Miller Fund in Honor of Joe Baldasare
Mathile Family Foundation
Rose Family Foundation
The Jack W. and Sally D. Eichelberger Foundation
The Jesse and Caryl Philips Foundation
Gary and Rachel Auman
The Dayton Foundation
Elizabeth Berry Gray Endowment Fund
The Fred M. Luther Charitable Trust
George B. Quatman Foundation, Fifth Third Bank, Trustee
Gorman-Hewitt-Ayars Memorial Fund
J. Edward Wasserman Fund
Ohio Elks Association
The Physicians’ Charitable Foundation of the Miami Valley
James and Roberta Ping
Richard and Jane Schwartz
Crown Equipment Corporation
The Dayton Power and Light Foundation
Greener Pastures Foundation
Lisa Hanauer and Sue Spiegel
Elizabeth Hardy Ph.D. and Richard Omlor
George and Moni Malacos
Marjorie Wendel Keenoy Charitable Fund of The Dayton Foundation
The Mary H. Kittredge Fund
Miami Industrial Trucks, Inc.
Steve and Janel Skerl
Wright-Patt Credit Union
Bieser Greer & Landis LLP
Edward Blake and Karin Spicer
Kevin and Sue Davis
Dennis and Connie Grant
Houser Asphalt and Concrete
Teresa J. Huber
The Iddings Foundation
Byron and Sue Kentner
The Kroger Co.
James and Peggy Lehner
Montgomery County Solid Waste Services Group
Ruchman Family Philanthropic Fund
Rick and Sheri Stover
Leon and Betsy Whitney
Brighter Tomorrow Foundation
Dayton Bag & Burlap Co.
Hollywood Gaming at Dayton Raceway
James Investment Research
The Levin Family Foundation
Louise Kramer Foundation
Mills Family Foundation
Robert and Penni Morris
Mr. and Mrs. David Seidel
The Spurlino Fund of The Dayton Foundation
The Spurlino Family Fund II of The Dayton Foundation
Paul and Lisa Stoddard
Carleen and Rob Suttman
Norman and Mary Rita Weissman and Family
Barry R. and Joy A. James Fund
Dr. Francis James Jr.
Linda W. Ruchman Philanthropic Fund
Mike and Debbie McGraw
Clint and Teri Rose