Employers are an integral part of our Employment Services Program. Employment Services at URS is a non-profit organization that provides a continuum of employment services to the people we serve. Our mission is to improve quality of life and increase independence to create positive change for the communities we serve.
What is the benefit of being an Employer partner?
- There are several positive features with working with our employment team.
- Research has shown significant improvement with performance outcomes and reduction in turnover rate when hiring a person with a disability with the proper supports, like that of URS’ services. Find out more by viewing this “Hiring Ohioans with Disabilities: A Toolkit”.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit: The WOTC provides eligible employers with a tax credit up to 40% of the first $6,000 of first-year wages of a new employee if the employee is part of a “targeted group,” including those with disabilities. The credit is available to the employer once the employee has worked for at least 120 hours or 90 days.
- On-the-job supports – Providing one-on-one job coaching and follow-along supports to help with training, task mastery, improve production and performance.
- No-Cost Training – You can allow us to use your site for assessments and training to gain workforce supplementation at no cost to you.
What are the services Employment Services at URS provides to me as an Employer?
- We offer services to create a match between the workforce and the employer.
- Training based on the needs of the industry
- Screening for “fit” – matching strengths, needs, preferences, and ability with the needs of the individual employer or position
- Job Placement and Support
- Consultation for hiring people with special needs
- Assisting with reasonable accommodations and staff training
- A job accommodation is a reasonable adjustment that makes it possible for an individual with a disability to perform job duties. Accommodations may include specialized equipment, facility modifications, adjustments to work schedules or job duties, as well as a whole range of other creative solutions. Assistive Technology could also be used, which includes: Wheelchairs, walkers, text-to-speech on computers, text telephone, braille, seating and standing products, robot aided rehabilitation or audiometer and radio aids
What is my cost as an Employer?
- There is no cost. We are funded through local, county and state funds to provide services to the individuals and employers free of charge.
For more information, please contact, Jeremy Nelson, Employment Services Manager, at (937) 853-5449 or email@example.com.
Below is a list of some of the employers that are currently utilizing our services or have in the past:
- Ace Hardware
- Bell’s Nursery
- Big Lots
- City of Fairborn
- Clark State Community College
- Dayton International Airport
- Dorothy Lane Market
- Dot’s Market
- Elmcroft Senior Living Community
- Heartland of Springfield
- Home Depot
- Lee’s Famous Recipe
- Marriott Hotels
- Pepzee Reality
- Springfield Regional Medical Center
- Steak N’ Shake
- Synchrony Financial
- TJ Maxx/Marshall’s