Volunteer at URS
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Volunteers enhance our programs that support hundreds of local children, adults and seniors with disabilities.
Volunteers are critical to the ongoing support and success of our mission. In 2016, 1,000 volunteers donated 13,000 hours helping in our center. We rely on individuals, companies and community groups to enhance our programs.
To become a volunteer you must:
- Be fifteen years old (unless accompanied by an adult).
- Contact Julie Neidhart by filling out the form on this webpage, calling 937-853-5430 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested volunteering at URS, please complete this form or contact Julie Neidhart at 937-853-5430 or email@example.com.
- Volunteer With Clients – Work one-on-one or in small groups with our youth and adults clients doing activities such as puzzles, games, art classes, bingo, music, exercise, cooking, gardening and activities of daily living. Please note: Volunteers interested in assisting in our Youth Services department must be 15 years old and obtain a physician’s statement and background check.
- Development Department – Volunteers work with the Development Department assisting with clerical tasks including preparing materials for special events, mailings, data entry, etc.
- Group Projects – Volunteer Groups can help with landscaping, painting, cleaning toys, renovation projects, etc. during weekends or weekday hours.
Special Events Volunteers
With more than 12 special events each year, volunteers are essential to our success! Volunteer opportunities include:
- Bud Light Barstool Open ← Volunteers are needed to assist with scoring, rules and directing teams to the next bar in this indoor, miniature golf outing through nine bars in the North Dayton Area.
- Harrigan’s 5K Walk/Run ← Volunteers are needed to provide “cheer support” and ensure the participants stay on the route.
- VIP Local Celebrity Bowl ← Volunteers are needed to help URS clients bowl during a weekday event at lunchtime.
- Young’s Dairy Ice Cream Charity Bike Tour ← Volunteers are needed to help at rest stops along the course to provide refreshments to the riders. Interested in riding? Join the URS Bike Team!
- Duck Campaign ← Sell ducks with your friends, coworkers, church group, etc. to support the 14th Annual Rubber Duck Regatta.
- Rubber Duck Regatta Sales ← Volunteers are needed to help us sell ducks at local festival and Kroger stores through July, August and September.
- Rubber Duck Regatta Mascot ← Volunteer to wear our Quacker’s costume at local festivals.
- Dayton Auto Auction Golf Scramble ← Volunteers are needed to support our annual golf outing.
- Oregon District Barstool Open ← Volunteers are needed to assist with scoring, rules and directing teams to the next bar in this indoor, miniature golf outing through nine bars in the Oregon District.
- Artistry In Wood ← Volunteers are needed to help with coat check and raffle sales.
For more information about volunteering or to ask how your organization can get involved with URS, please contact Julie Neidhart at 937-853-5430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.