Adult Services at United Rehabilitation Services
Empowering Lives Since 1956
At United Rehabilitation Services, we’ve been committed to enriching the lives of adults and seniors with disabilities through our diverse and dynamic programs since 1956. Nestled at the intersection of Needmore and Old Troy Pike, our state-of-the-art facility is a thriving community center where adults can work, socialize, and find a sense of purpose and belonging.
Our Facilities: A Space for Growth and Exploration
Open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, our center boasts a range of facilities designed to cater to the holistic needs of our clients. From a fully equipped gymnasium for physical wellness to a serene meditation room for mental health, an inspiring art room for creative expression, and a practical laundry center, we provide an environment where every individual can thrive.
Discover Our Program Spaces: Click here to view our program spaces
Services Tailored to Independence and Inclusion:
- Adult Day Programs with Weekly Community Outings: Experience the joy and learning that comes from regular excursions to cultural hubs, recreational parks, and more.
- Pre-Vocational Training Program: This comprehensive program prepares individuals for employment, focusing on essential soft skills and practical work experiences.
- Community Integration Small Group Program: Our daily activities are centered on hobbies, dining, exercise, and volunteerism, fostering community inclusion, skill development, and increased independence.
- URS Academy Vocational Training Program: A specialized, time-limited job training program for individuals eager to work in the community, focusing on both skill development and goal achievement.
- Employment Services: Offering a wide range of assessment, training, and job placement services, including specialized services for youth and young adults.
Adult Day Center
Our Adult Day Center Programs focus on socially-engaging activities for adults with developmental or acquired disabilities with the goal of increasing their level of independence and self-advocacy skills, while addressing their physical, social, and psychological needs. Assistance is provided with activities of daily living such as eating, dressing, and toileting.
Enrichment activities include gardening, music, literacy, computer science, art, and cultural activities. Community-based recreational opportunities are offered on a regular basis to libraries, museums, theatre productions, parks, and baseball games, as well as regional outings.
Community Integration Program
At United Rehabilitation Services, our Community Integration Small Group Program stands as a beacon of empowerment and inclusion for adults with disabilities. This innovative program is dedicated to fostering meaningful community engagement through volunteerism and diverse social activities. Our participants gain invaluable experiences by volunteering at local organizations, where they not only contribute positively to the community but also develop essential life skills.
These activities offer a unique platform for our clients to enhance their social interactions, build self-esteem, and cultivate a sense of accomplishment. From participating in local events to assisting in community projects, our clients experience the joy of making a difference, while the community benefits from their enthusiasm and diverse abilities. This reciprocal relationship enriches not only the lives of our clients but also strengthens the community fabric, creating a more inclusive and vibrant society.
URS offers a comprehensive Pre-Vocational Training Program that prepares individuals for the world of work as part of a continuum of care leading to Employment Services. Pre-Vocational programming is focused on soft skills needed for community employment. Individuals participate in classes that prepare them to become better employees, and community trips allow them to utilize and practice the skills they have learned. Participating individuals are assessed on a regular basis and when appropriate, referrals will be made to Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) for Vocational Training.
If you are interested in exploring job training and placement in the community, visit our Employment Services page for more information on how we can help.
Ancillary Services: Supporting Health and Well-being
- Nursing Services: Available for those requiring specialized care, including g-tube feeding, breathing treatments, basic trach care, seizure monitoring, and medication administration.
- On-site Therapy Services: Our occupational, physical, and speech therapy services are tailored to individual needs, including wheelchair assessments, augmentative communication, vital-stim swallowing therapy, and practical training in our simulated apartment.
Meet Our Dedicated Team:
Our Adult Services Department is led by a team of passionate professionals dedicated to enhancing the lives of our clients. For questions about the Adult Services Department, please call 937.233.1230 or contact:
- Annette Malone, Adult Services Manager, email@example.com, 937-853-5422
- Beth Vannorsdall, Program Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 937-853-5440
- Traci Crowell, Program Specialist, email@example.com, 937-233-1230
- Elizabeth Hess, Program Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 937-233-1230
- Terease Blazer, Program Specialist, email@example.com, 937-853-5443
Commitment to Ethics and Cultural Competence:
At United Rehabilitation Services of Greater Dayton, we uphold the highest standards of ethics and cultural competency, ensuring that the rights and diverse needs of our clients are always respected and met. Click to view our Code of Ethics and Cultural Competency and Diversity Plan.
Person Centered Philosophy:
United Rehabilitation Services of Greater Dayton respects, advocates for, and shall not interfere with the exercise of the Client Rights as established in section 5123.62 of the Ohio Revised Code, by URS Policies and Procedures, and person centered philosophy.
Join Us in Making a Difference:
Every service we offer is designed with the goal of empowering our clients and fostering a sense of independence and community. For questions or more information, please contact us at 937-233-1230.