- Adult Day Programming (Adult Day Care)
- 1st and 2nd Shift Pre-Vocational Training Program
The Center is open to ages 18 or older, from 8:30 am – 1:30 pm and 9:30 am – 2:30 pm and 2nd Shift Pre-Vocational Program from 2:00 pm – 7:30 pm.
Since 1956, URS has provided stimulating and socially-engaging programs in an environment where adults and seniors with disabilities can work, socialize and instill a sense of purpose in their lives. Our state-of-the-art center at the corner of Needmore and Old Troy Pike features a gymnasium, Nursing Clinic, Meditation Room, Art Room and Laundry Center.
URS is focused on building the pathways to independence in the following ways:
- Adult Daycare Programs with enrichment activities in gardening, music, literacy, computer science, art and cultural activities
- Community-based recreational opportunities
- Pre-Vocational Training Program in the areas of culinary, custodial, secure document destruction, landscaping and commercial laundry
- 2nd Shift Pre-Vocational Training Program from 2:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Employment Services offers a broad range of assessment, training and job placement services, including Transition Services (ages 14 – 22), Job Club and Summer Youth Work Experiences and Career Exploration
- On-site Nursing Services to provide for g-tube feedings, breathing treatments, seizure monitoring, medication administration and other medical services
- Hot Meals and snacks are available
- On-site Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapy Services
- Specialized activities include Empowerment Drumming
- URS is a participating provider with Ohio DoDD
Adult Day Center
Our Adult Services Programs focus on socially-engaging activities for adults with developmental or acquired disabilities with the goal of increasing their level of independence and self-advocacy skills, while addressing their physical, social and psychological needs. Assistance is provided with activities of daily living such as eating, dressing and toileting.
Enrichment activities include gardening, music, literacy, computer science, art and cultural activities. Community-based recreational opportunities are offered on a regular basis to libraries, museums, theater productions, parks and baseball games, as well as regional outings.
For individuals on the “pathway to employment” and a desire to work, we help individuals learn job skills in the areas of culinary, custodial, home health, secure document destruction, landscaping and commercial laundry. Our program also provides pre-vocational skill development through classes and simulated or real-work experiences.
We also offer a 2nd Shift Pre-Vocational Program, Monday through Friday, from 2:00 pm – 7:30 pm. This program also addresses pre-vocational issues and pre-work skills but is more intentional regarding performance of jobs and development of work skills that will prepare the individual for working in the community.
If you are interested in exploring job training and placement in the community, visit our Employment Services page for more information on how we can help.
Nursing Services are available for individuals who require specialized care such as g-tube feeding, breathing treatments, basic trach care, seizure monitoring and medication administration.
On-site Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapies are available.
We are pleased to offer a calendar full of activities at our center as well as in the community every month. Follow our fun on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/ursadultservices/
Click the links below to view previous Monthly Calendars:
For questions about the Adult Services Department, please call 937.233.1230 or contact:
Annette Malone, Adult Services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurent Muvunyi, Program Specialist, email@example.com
Brandi Battle, Program Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brianna Nwakobi, Program Specialist, email@example.com
United Rehabilitation Services of Greater Dayton respects, advocates for, and shall not interfere with the exercise of the Client Rights as established in Section 5123.62 of the Ohio Revised Code, by URS policies and procedures, and person centered philosophy. Click here to view.
All of our services are designed to meet the expectations outlined in our Code of Ethics and Cultural Competency and Diversity Plan. These forms are available on our Reports and Forms Tab, click here to view.