Youth Transition Services are an important aspect of our work in the Employment Services Program. We want to offer support and be a resource to local schools in preparing students (typical, high-risk, IEP, ID/DD, ED population) for life after graduation.
We utilize creative approaches to meet the needs of the school or class.
Services we provide to local area schools include classes covering:
- Job Readiness – Employability Skills Classes and Interactive programming
- Career Exploration and Discovery Profiles
- Pre-ETS (Pre-Employment Transition Services) – These are introductory services to students with disabilities beginning at age 14. The services are intended to help students with disabilities get an early start in identifying career interest. For more information, visit Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities.
- Job Shadowing and Tours through local businesses hiring in the student’s area
- Resource Management – Discussing process for OOD, DoDD, Mental Health treatment, education, and other available community resources