The URS Academy Vocational Training Program is a time-limited, transitional job training program for individuals of all ages and abilities. This program is held in a facility-based setting and is designed for graduating high school students or any individual who has an immediate desire to work in the community and utilize training and support to reach their employment goals.
- 12-month program from 10 AM – 3 PM, Monday through Friday
- In-House Transportation services are limited. Participants may use private or NMT transportation, paratransit and/or RTA fixed travel after completing travel training.
- Virtual tours are available by contacting Jeremy Nelson at (937)853-5449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The URS Academy will include the following topics of learning:
Vocational Training Tracks
Facility and community-based training to prepare you for a job in the community in one of the following areas:
- Commercial kitchen – prep cook, dishwasher, dietary aide, utility
- Inventory stocking
- Landscaping/property maintenance
Learn important work skills that allow you to be successful in community employment including:
- Accepting feedback
- Following a schedule
- Following instructions
- Career exploration
Independent Living Skills
Learn how to navigate the world and gain independence through:
- Travel training
Personal Goal Time
Time will be set aside each day for personal goal attainment with activities uniquely designed for each participant.
For more information about the URS Academy, please contact Jeremy Nelson, Employment Services Manager, at (937) 853-5449 or email@example.com.