2020 is the third annual Tour de Gem Dayton Cycling Classic, presented by Kettering Health Network. Tour de Gem is a fundraising cycling event for local nonprofits to raise money and bring awareness to their important missions. This is a fun, family-friendly way for cyclists of all ages and abilities to have a positive impact in their community and explore the many Gems Dayton has to offer.
To ensure the safety of participating bike riders and volunteers, the Tour de Gem Planning Committee has canceled the in-person group ride but will continue its mission to raise funds for area nonprofits by having a VIRTUAL RIDE.
How does it work?
Register to join the URS Cyling Team. Fundraise a minimum of $150. Instead of an in-person ride, participants will have a two-week window (August 21 – September 6) to ride their preferred distance/route or participate using a stationary/spin bike. When participants have completed their ride, whether it is outside or on an indoor bike, they are eligible for our 7 challenges. Click here for more information on the Virtual Ride.
- Dayton Strong – Top individual fundraiser
- Spread the Love – Top fundraising team
- Give It Some Time – Most time spent on a bike within the two-week window
- Put in the Miles – Most miles ridden during the two-week window
- Tour of the Gems – Most photos with the Dayton Gems listed on our site
- The Century Challenge – Participants who ride 100+ miles during the two-week window
- The 500 Club – Participants who ride 500+ miles during the two-week window
Participants will also receive awards for fundraising $500 and $1,000.
To learn more about the Tour de Gem, click the link below.
To find out more about joining the URS Cycling Team, contact Chris Corba at URS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-853-5465.