Your First Choice for Services!
The safety of our clients and their families is our top priority!
We’ve taken these steps to ensure the wellbeing of everyone at URS.
- We screen staff and clients each day by asking wellness questions and monitoring their temperature.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including masks, is readily available at no cost for staff and clients
- Staff has undergone extensive disease control health training and are mandated to wear masks at all times
- We re-purposed space in our building to assure safe social distancing between participants and staff
- Industrial-sized HEPA filters have been installed in our childcare classrooms, which can capture 99.7% of human-generated viral particles
- We installed UVC lighting throughout the HVAC system to destroy germs, viruses and the spread of bacteria, creating better air quality for all
- We sanitize vehicles, workspaces and hallways throughout the day
- We utilize disinfectant foggers at the end of each day in common areas
If you are interested to learn more about URS’ programs, call 937-233-1230 or visit the following links:
- 5-Star rated Childcare and Early Education Program
- Enriching day activities for Adults
- The NEW URS Academy for persons seeking employment
- Physical, Speech or Occupational therapies for adults and children
- Employment Services
For resources during COVID-19, click here.
A Letter from Dennis Grant, Executive Director – May 28, 2021
First, I want to thank everyone for working with us through the challenges presented by the pandemic! Due to the multiple complex health conditions faced by many of our adult and youth clients and the threat COVID-19 poses, URS has taken extraordinary measures to ensure the safety and health of those individuals, their families, and our staff. The Ultraviolet C lamp air filtration system, HEPA filter units and constant cleaning by everyone as well as the incredible volume of PPE supplies and hand sanitizer all helped!
We have been blessed with the fact that over the past 15 months, only a handful of clients or staff have contracted the COVID-19 Coronavirus with no cases that I am aware of in 2021. It is a pleasure to report that overall, 90% of URS staff and 75% of Adult Clients have been vaccinated! We continue to strive to get closer to 100% as we know this is the best way to keep us all safe.
- Frequent handwashing and/or hand sanitizing is required, especially upon arrival
- All staff, clients and families will have their temperature taken and be screened once a day upon arrival.
- Any staff providing direct care inside a building must wear a mask whether vaccinated or not.
- Staff providing direct care outside the building do not have to wear a mask as long as they are able to socially distance.
- When on a bus/van/car, all parties are required to wear a mask but we will not require 6’ social distancing.
- If attending an inside meeting and no clients are present, those who are vaccinated do not need to wear a mask. Those who are not vaccinated should continue to wear a mask whenever in a room or common area where others are present.
- The State of Ohio will no longer mandate Adult Day Services programs to maintain groups no larger 12, so we can expect our group sizes to grow gradually. A formal “transition plan” to accomplish this will be developed and shared as soon as possible.
- Although group sizes will increase somewhat, for now, we will not be mixing groups through the day.
- Childcare is not restricted by group size.
- Once we have fully evaluated how to make it work, we do plan to have “shared spaces” where different groups might use the Gym, Art Room or Computer Lab throughout the same day based on a clear schedule.
- For now, we will continue to ask Therapy patient families to wait outside in their cars during treatment whenever feasible.
In spite of the pandemic, URS continues to provide exceptional services that enhance the lives of the people we serve. Our efforts focus on increasing skills, enhancing functional abilities and maximizing the level of independence of the people we serve. URS has re-invented our approach to fulfilling our mission and found ways to provide life enriching activities for all our clients, including those who engage with us virtually from home. Volunteers are using “Zoom” to lead music therapy, provide exercise classes and to teach clients how to advocate for themselves. Please understand that everything we do is based on our highest priority of keeping those we serve, their families and our staff safe!