Volunteer at URS
Volunteer at URS and make a lasting difference in the lives of people with disabilities!
Volunteers are an important part of United Rehabilitation Services. Your help can provide continued and specialized attention to our clients.
If you are interested in being a volunteer at URS, please contact Julie Neidhart at 937-853-5430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need volunteers in the following areas at URS:
Everyday URS relies on individuals, companies and community groups to fulfill our mission of enhancing the quality of life for our clients!
- Adult & Youth Services – Volunteers socialize and interact with children and adults in groups or one-on-one at our facility doing activities such as: puzzles, games, art, bingo, music, exercise, etc. Please note: Volunteers interested in assisting in our Youth Services department must be 15 years old and obtain a physician’s statement and background check.
- Development Department – Volunteers work with the Development Department assisting with clerical tasks including: preparing materials for special events, doing mailings, data entry, etc.
- Team Projects – Volunteer Groups can help with landscaping, painting, cleaning toys, renovation projects, etc. during weekends or weekday hours.
We need volunteers for the following special events:
With more than 12 special events each year, volunteers are essential to our success! Volunteer opportunities include:
- Bud Light Barstool Open ← Volunteers are needed to assist with scoring, rules and directing teams to the next bar in this indoor, miniature golf outing through bars in the North Dayton Area.
- Harrigan’s 5K Walk/Run ← Volunteers are needed to man a corner and help ensure the participants stay on route and cheer them on.
- VIP Local Celebrity Bowl ← Volunteers are needed to help URS clients bowl!
- Young’s Dairy Ice Cream Charity Bike Tour ← in Bellefontaine, OH. Volunteers are needed to help out at rest stops along the course in various locations. Interested in riding? Join the URS Bike Team!
- Duck Campaign ← Sell ducks with your friends, co-workers, church group, etc. to support URS’ 12th Annual Rubber Duck Regatta!
- Rubber Duck Regatta Sales ← Volunteers are needed to help us sell ducks at local festival and Kroger stores throughout July, August and September!
- Dayton Auto Auction Golf Scramble ← Volunteers are needed to help with raffles and contests on several of the holes throughout the day.
- Oregon District Barstool Open ← Volunteers are needed to assist with scoring, rules and directing teams to the next bar in this indoor, miniature golf outing through bars in the Oregon District.
- Artistry In Wood ← Volunteers are needed to help with coat check and raffle sales.
To become a volunteer you must:
- Be fifteen years old (unless acompanied by an adult)
- Create a volunteer login by clicking here. Then complete all of the information under the Volunteer Registration tab.
To request more information about volunteering or how your corporation can team build at URS, email Julie Neidhart at email@example.com or call (937) 853-5430.
“We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give” — Winston Churchill