Volunteer for URS during Pandemic
YOU CAN STILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Volunteers enhance our programs that support hundreds of local children, adults and seniors with disabilities.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our volunteer opportunities have changed to keep our community safe and healthy.
To become a volunteer you must:
- Be fifteen years old (unless accompanied by an adult).
- Receive a background check if interested in volunteering at URS more than 3 times per calendar year and volunteering inside our facility.
- Receive a physical by a doctor if volunteering with our clients who are under the age of 18 and you are volunteering at URS more than 3 times per calendar year.
- Outdoors*– We need help with our vegetable garden, flower beds, and landscaping! It doesn’t matter if you have a green thumb or not, we have plenty of opportunities for you.
- Volunteer With Clients* – Because of COVID-19, we are extremely limited on having volunteers in our facility. At this time, we do not have any open availability for volunteers to work with our clients.
- Group Projects* – Volunteer Groups can help with landscaping (weeding, mulching), painting, cleaning toys, renovation projects, etc. during weekends. Outdoor projects are available for groups during weekday hours as well.
- At Home Projects – Are you interested in helping from the comfort and safety of your own home? We have a list of activities you can help with at this time. Projects include:
- Making cloth face masks
- Putting together educational/activity kits to send to our clients who are at home using items found on our Wishlist
- Writing encouraging cards to send to our clients.
- URS Ambassador – We are looking for individuals active on social media to follow us, share our posts, and help recruit businesses to participate in campaigns and events.
*All on-site volunteers are to wear a mask. Volunteers will have their temperature checked and fill out a health questionnaire before volunteering. If you are not feeling well or someone in your home is not feeling well, please stay home and reschedule with the Volunteer Services Specialist.
Special Events Volunteers
With more than 12 special events each year, volunteers are essential to our success! Volunteer opportunities include:
- Young’s Dairy Ice Cream Charity Bike Tour- September 26, 2020 ← Interested in riding? Join the URS Bike Team!
- Duck Campaigns – August – September 2020 ← Sell ducks with your friends, coworkers, church group, etc. to support the 17th Annual Rubber Duck Regatta.
- Rubber Duck Regatta Sales – August + September 2020 ← Volunteers are needed to help us sell ducks at local festivals through July, August and September.
- Rubber Duck Regatta Mascot – August + September 2020 ← Volunteer to wear our Quacker’s costume at local festivals.
- Dayton Auto Auction Golf Scramble – September 28, 2020 ← Volunteers are needed to support our annual golf outing, 10 am – 5 pm
For more information about volunteering or to ask how your organization can get involved with URS, please contact Lora Davenport at 937-853-5430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.