Volunteer for URS during Pandemic
YOU CAN STILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Volunteers enhance our programs that support hundreds of local children, adults and seniors with disabilities.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our volunteer opportunities have changed to keep our community safe and healthy.
To become a volunteer you must:
- Be fifteen years old (unless accompanied by an adult).
- Receive a background check if interested in volunteering at URS more than 3 times per calendar year and volunteering inside our facility.
- Receive a physical by a doctor if volunteering with our clients who are under the age of 18 and you are volunteering at URS more than 3 times per calendar year.
- Outdoors*– We need help with our vegetable garden, flower beds, and landscaping! It doesn’t matter if you have a green thumb or not, we have plenty of opportunities for you. Opportunities are weather dependent.
- Volunteer With Clients* – Because of COVID-19, we are extremely limited on having volunteers in our facility. At this time, we do not have any open availability for volunteers to work with our clients.
- Group Projects* – Volunteer Groups can help with landscaping (weeding, mulching), painting, cleaning toys, renovation projects, etc. during weekends. Outdoor projects are available for groups during weekday hours as well.
- Virtual Projects – Are you interested in helping from the comfort and safety of your own home? We have a list of activities you can help with at this time. Projects include:
- Putting together care packages to send to our clients who are at home using items found on our Wishlist
- Writing encouraging cards to send to our clients
- Creating project kits based around STEAM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) for clients on-site and at-home
- URS Ambassador – We are looking for individuals active on social media to follow us, share our posts, and help recruit businesses to participate in campaigns and events.
*All on-site volunteers are to wear a mask. Volunteers will have their temperature checked and fill out a health questionnaire before volunteering. If you are not feeling well or someone in your home is not feeling well, please stay home and reschedule with the Volunteer Services Specialist.
Special Events Volunteers
With more than 12 special events each year, volunteers are essential to our success! Volunteer opportunities include:
- No special events are scheduled at this time due to the pandemic
For more information about volunteering or to ask how your organization can get involved with URS, please contact Jackie Lee at 937-853-5433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.