How can I volunteer with URS and help support the Mission?
Passionate individuals like you, who give their time, talents, and energy can make a tremendous impact on the lives of the people we serve. From leading a crafting session or yoga class to helping at a special event or doing data entry, there are numerous ways you can make a rewarding difference — both on your own or as part of a group.
Due to the nature of our volunteer opportunities, we require all volunteers be at least 15 years of age, unless accompanied by an adult, and complete training and orientation before going into the field. Due to State regulations, we may also require background checks or a physical if you will be onsite volunteering more than three times within a calendar year.
- Outdoors*– We need help with our vegetable garden, flower beds, mowing the grass, and landscaping! It doesn’t matter if you have a green thumb or not, we have plenty of opportunities for you. These opportunities are often weather dependent.
- Volunteer With Clients* – We have several opportunities to connect with the individuals in our Childcare and Adult Day Services Programs. Share your passions by taking part – or even the lead – in crafting, art projects, playing cards or board games, singing and karaoke, along with several other fun and exciting activities.
- Group Projects* – Nothing builds team spirit like working together on a common goal. Bring your large group or company to volunteer at URS to inspire and unify by working with the individuals we serve. Volunteer Groups can also assist with landscaping (weeding and mulching), painting, cleaning equipment and toys, renovation projects, etc.
- Administrative Support – Get involved with essential behind the scenes tasks like data entry, filing, copying, stuffing and labeling envelopes, etc.
- Virtual Projects– Are you interested in helping from the comfort and safety of your own home? We have a list of activities you can help with. Projects include:
- Putting together care packages to send to our individuals who are at home. These items can be found on our Wishlist
- Creating kits based around S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) disciplines, for our individuals on-site and at-home.
- URS Ambassador – We are looking for people who are active on social media to follow us, share our posts, and help recruit businesses to participate in campaigns and events.
*All on-site volunteers are asked to wear a mask, unless working outside and practicing safe distance. If you are not feeling well, or someone in your home is not feeling well, please stay home and reschedule with our Volunteer Services Coordinator.
Special Events Volunteers
With several special events each year, volunteers are essential to our success! Current volunteer opportunities include:
• URS Barstool Open North – Saturday, 2/25/23
• Holiday at Home Festival Booth – Saturday – Monday, 9/2/23 – 9/4/23
• Young Dairy Charity Bike Tour – Saturday, 9/9/23
• URS Rubber Duck Regatta – Saturday, 9/16/23
• URS and DAA Golf Scramble – Monday, 9/18/23
• Oregon District Barstool Open – Saturday, 11/11/23
• URS WDTN Telethon – Sunday, 12/3/23
For more information about volunteering or to ask how your organization can get involved with URS, please contact our Jackie Lee at 937-853-5433 or email@example.com